[vdr] Re: LIRC transmitter

Christian Vogt wrote:

> Hi Klaus,
>
> > My guess would be that sometimes LIRC
> > has problems generating the exact timing (maybe it gets disturbed by other
> > interrupts?).
>
> What do you think about an external device to generate the codes? Something
> like your RCU, but with capability to transmit.

Maybe that's the most reliable way to do it.
I just wanted to give LIRC a try, since back when I developed the RCU
I didn't know about LIRC and only found out about it _after_ the RCU was
finished - so I might have saved a lot of time using LIRC in the first
place. However, today I'm glad I have the RCU with the nice 4 digit display...

Klaus