[vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer plugin 0.7.4 available (plugindevelopment)

Am Son, 2002-09-01 um 21.23 schrieb Stefan Huelswitt:
> On 01 Sep 2002 Dariush Forouher <dariush@forouher.de> wrote:
>
> > Really nice work, three problems though:
> > - a patched mplayer segfaults if it recieves the mute command (I use
> > gcc-3.1, i'll try it with 2.95 later)
>
> Are you sure that the segfault is related to the patch? You could
> try with an unpatched mplayer. Beside the progressbar, all things
> should work.
I've checked this, it's an mplayer bug. CVS-020806-22:02 works!

> > - mplayer stays sometimes in the background if I leave the plugin and
> > then vdr acts strange (no sound, black screen on other channels)
>
> By "leaving the plugin" does you mean, you press "blue" or
> "back"? Did you see messages on the console that say that mplayer
> has received a signal? What are the last console messages?
Back&Blue. Mplayer stays in background with one proccess, and it uses
IIRC three threads for mpegpes replay. So it's probably a mplayer bug.
After that everytime mplayer has to be killed manually and vdr has to be
restarted.

> > - the communication with vdr and mplayer has a problem. I see the output
> > of mplayer on the console and the plugin doesn't react on kOk or kRed.
> > (Other Keys work)
>
> This indicates the plugin doesn't gets progress information from
> mplayer. Sure that you are using the patched version?
I get those messages on console:
SLAVE: time=1.84 position=0.07

The mplayer script does nothing with stdout/stderr.

ciao
Dariush
--
PGP Fingerprint: 0x886C99A1