[vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer plugin 0.7.4 available (plugin development)

On 02 Sep 2002 Dariush Forouher <dariush@forouher.de> wrote:

>> > - mplayer stays sometimes in the background if I leave the plugin and
>> > then vdr acts strange (no sound, black screen on other channels)
>>
>> By "leaving the plugin" does you mean, you press "blue" or
>> "back"? Did you see messages on the console that say that mplayer
>> has received a signal? What are the last console messages?
> Back&Blue. Mplayer stays in background with one proccess, and it uses
> IIRC three threads for mpegpes replay. So it's probably a mplayer bug.
> After that everytime mplayer has to be killed manually and vdr has to be
> restarted.

Which way your mplayer.sh calls mplayer?
May be you could send me your mplayer.sh for testing by mail.

>> This indicates the plugin doesn't gets progress information from
>> mplayer. Sure that you are using the patched version?
> I get those messages on console:
> SLAVE: time=1.84 position=0.07

These line should no appear on the console.

> The mplayer script does nothing with stdout/stderr.

There must be something wrong with piping. Otherwise the plugin
would caught the lines. This may be related to the above problem.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index