[vdr] Re: vdr-1.1.12 Configuration of buttons on RC

On 08.10.02 at 10:59 Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>Ulrich Petri wrote:
>>
>> dirk@wiebel.de wrote:
>> > Hello,

>> > dedicated pause
>> >
>> > possibly. Nevertheless, it makes life easier for a "non-geek"
>> > user when
>> > they are in a hurry: "D'oh! Where's the f*** pause button!" :
>> >
>> Thats right, but what if they are in the menu and then expect the pause
>> key to pause, but instead ist scrolls down the cursor?!
>
>I believe it will be possible to make it so that dedicated keys (like
>"Pause")
>will always work, even if in a menu (as does, for instance, "Mute").
>
>Klaus
Then it would be nice to define Blocks of keys which always work like play,
ffwd, replay, pause, stop, channel up, channel down....
I have really enough keys on my rc and why should'nt i use them? I know
that's difficult to handle for people with rc's with a limited count of
Knöppkes like the original rc from hauppauge. :-)
Maybe ther should be a more general solution for the rc's.