[vdr] Re: Newstruct Problems

Hi Oliver, Andy, all

You both suggested pretty much the same. Thanks, it works
for "make",(no errors or warnings now) but (yeah, there always
is a but) now when I go for a "make insmod" it returns a
"dvb-ttpci.o: init_module: No such device " error

So I guess it is the old problem, that the DVB driver doesn`t
want to recognize my Rev 1.6, which has a TDA based Grundig
tuner.

The driver's structure has changed so much (guess that's why
its called newstruct ;o)), that I can`t figure out where in the
AV7710.c it determines what type of card is in the PC. It
seems to be an arithmetic algorythm for determining the
card type and no longer a simple "look-up and see" pci
bus check.

Do you (or anyone) have an idea how I could trick it into thinking
(well it IS) the REV 1.6 is a TT_DVB_SIEMENS. I tried fumbling
around with a define (card_type, etc), but he didn`t like it ;(.

Thanks for the support.

BTW: I am waiting to receive SuSe 7.3 Prof. What would be *THE*
Linux to use? I didn't go for the SuSe 8.0, because I read quite a few
people are having problems with it and VDR.

Greetz,
Reinhard