[vdr] Re: new DVD plugin version released

Andreas Schultz wrote:

> On Wednesday 09 October 2002 14:35, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Please send a patch that implements this.
>
> Please have a look at the included patch. It introduces Make.config and
> changes the way how parameters are exported to the sub-Makefiles.
> Make.config can be used to overwrite the normal config parameters, compile
> flags and directory settings.
> However, there is one drawback. It is no longer possible to do a 'make all' in
> a plugin directory to manual build that specific plugin. Retaining that would
> require more complicated rules to get all the path setting right.

I thought that this was about having a few compiler flags configurable, but now
it ends up breaking something that used to work... :-(

I'm not sure if I like that...

I'll continue with the really important things (audio plugins are most likely next)
and will give this some thought again later...

Klaus