[vdr] Re: vdr-1.1.12 TransferMode strangeness

Andreas Schultz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > If you have only a single DVB card and start recording the channel you are
> > currently watching, the PIDs for that recording will be set with DMX_PES_OTHER
> > in order to allow you to switch the channel you are viewing live. After the recording
> > has started, you now need a Transfer Mode to transfer the data from the DMX_PES_OTHER
>
> I don't get it. Can't you leave the live pid filters as they are and
> just add the pid's to be recorded as DMX_PES_OTHER filters? You the
> could still change the live pid filters without having to touch the
> recording filter.
>
> > setup to your live viewing. Once the timer has ended, we could, of course, end the
> > transfer mode and switch back to live viewing, but that would cause a short
> > interrupt in the viewed programme, and I guess that shouldn't be done. The transfer
> > mode will end as soon as you switch to another channel.
> >
> > The thing is that you have to put the PIDs away from DMX_PES_AUDIO and DMX_PES_VIDEO
> > when recording in order to be able to switch live channels.
>
> sure, but you could add an additional filter for the same pid as
> DMX_PES_OTHER, or can't you?

AFAIK that's not possible. But if you can show me how that can be done, I'd be
more than willing to avoid the Transfer Mode at that point. From what I've seen
a PID can only be set as either DMX_PES_VIDEO *or* DMX_PES_OTHER. But I may be
wrong here...

> Nevertheless, i can see that doing transfer whenever possible is a good
> thing when you want to build a live-stop function on top.

That's the idea behind all this ;-)

Klaus