[vdr] Re: vdr: Websites for Beginners??

Thanks to all who have endeavoured to help with my enquiry.

I suppose it seems fairly obvious now - you can't decode and watch pictures
without either the premium card or some other hardware mpeg decoding
capability. I was under the misconception that the un-decoded stream could
be piped to a software decoder - mplayer perhaps - to allow live or playback
viewing.

All is not lost however. I've placed a special order with Hauppauge in
London for a DVB-t fully-featured card. They've quoted a six-week delivery
time.Who knows, with any luck I might get my vdr box working in time for
Christmas!

Thanks again.

Ron.