[vdr] Re: Mini-ITX processors and DiVX -> MPEG?

> Next question: would there be some way to offload the processing to
> some other piece of hardware?  In my case, my Athlon desktop which
> quite happily transcodes between DiVX and MPEG.
>
> I want to make a silent machine for the lounge room running VDR, but I
> still want to be able to play downloaded DiVXs...

I don't see why not :) Sure there'd be some work in automating the process
(I smell some kReZzY Perl / shell scripting...) but you can use the VideoLAN
/ rtpfeed apps to broadcast MPEG across your LAN..

Then you'll be able to easily feed these streams into the Dxr3 / DVB card in
the living room :)

gdh