[vdr] Re: Zapping

> I did some tests and found that when I remove the two lines
>
>      CHECK(ioctl(fd_audio, AUDIO_SET_MUTE, false));
>      CHECK(ioctl(fd_video, VIDEO_SET_BLANK, false));
>
> at the end of cDvbDevice::SetChannelDevice() this doesn't happen any more.
> The reason for these lines was that at the beginning of
> cDvbDevice::SetChannelDevice() these parameters are set to 'true' in order
> to avoid noise when switching, so I thought it would be a good idea to set
> them back to 'false' after successful tuning. However, apparently the
> driver does this by itself, and doing it explicitly causes the reported
> flashes.
>
> Please verify if this helps you, too.
> The same two lines are also at the end of cDvbApi::SetChannel() in version
> 1.0.4, so you might want to try it there. too.
>
> Klaus

Hmm.. that sounded like a good explanation! And I feel bad having to tell you
it did not fix it :-((   (tested with 1.1.13)

On some channel switches it does not happen, on some it does, and every once
in a while it will flash twice instead of once.

Though the patch probably does help, the flash is not yet eliminated for me. I
hope other people have more positive reports :-)

Thank you very much for such a quick reply though!
Regards,
Dennis