[vdr] Re: bad vcd copy replay

At Thursday 24 October 2002 20:11 Paul Lacatus wrote:
> I am using vdr 1.0.4 with the latest AIO patch ( as far as I know) and I
> want to replay a copy of a videocd in which the whole contents of the
> videocd was copied in a directory not in the root of the cd. The VCD
> patch is refusing since it does not recognize the cd as a videocd since
> it does not have the normal structure of a video cd ( I presume)

If the vcd has a non-vcd directory structure, it is most likely fully
iso9660. A real vcd is only a small part iso9660. The rest is cd-i, which
means that the iso9660-error-correction sectors are used for video so more
data fits on the disk.
You can read it with a computer, should also be able to play this, but

>     I remember , if I am nor wrong, that with older version of the DVB
> driver I was just copying the .dat file to the /dev/video and it was
> replayed well . With this version of driver (0.9.4) I got an operation
> not permitted error.
isn't that /dvb/ost/video? (/dev/dvb/something with NEWSTRUCT)
does it have the correct permissions?
did you stop vdr before?

>     Can somebody give me a solution to view the cd ?
try mplayer -vo mpegpes (when compiled with DVB-Support), and stop vdr
before ;)
try renaming .dat to .mpg and re-burn it as a real vcd with vcdimager or
so.

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt