[vdr] Re: summer / wintertime: 24h-recording

Am Sonntag, 27. Oktober 2002 21:20 schrieben Sie:
> On Sunday 27 October 2002 20:05, Uwe Heinrich wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I found something nice:
> > recording from epg: start 2:30 am (dst) end 3:14 am (dst) or 2:14 am
> > ( in winter time)
> >
> > Unfortunately, I didn't check the timer- in fact it was an
> > autotimer-event.
> >
> > Imagine what happened?
> > Right: when I switched the screen on- the recording already had over
> > 17h. And vdr did it's job well: it deleted some "older"
> > recordings....
> >
> > OK- basically it's my fault, but is there a way to avoid such nice
> > things? Is this something for me- as user or can the os or vdr help
> > me?
>
> RTFM.
> If you don't like that vdr deletes old recordings, you have to set the
> lifetime of the recording(s) to 99.
> For new recordings the Default lifetime can be specified in
> Setup-Recording...
>
> @Klaus: Wouldn't it be better to use 99 as the 'factory setting'?
>
> Oliver

Hi Oliver,

I am sure, Uwe read the manual.

As he had written, "vdr did it's job well: ...". When I read
this, for the first time, I just laughed about Uwe's humor.
Although - a 17h recording ... ;-)

I went into the same situation last night. Fortunately I
saw it early enough and could stopp the recording after
5 hours.

CU Norbert