[vdr] summer / wintertime: 24h-recording

Hi,
I found something nice:
recording from epg: start 2:30 am (dst) end 3:14 am (dst) or 2:14 am ( in winter time)

Unfortunately, I didn't check the timer- in fact it was an autotimer-event.

Imagine what happened?
Right: when I switched the screen on- the recording already had over 17h. And vdr did it's job well: it deleted some "older" recordings....

OK- basically it's my fault, but is there a way to avoid such nice things?
Is this something for me- as user or can the os or vdr help me?

best regards
Uwe