[vdr] Re: vdr2divx suggestions ? (poll)

> > > Java is needed for it, have not tested it, but don't like it and as
> > > written above is not needed at all.
> > see above
> You don't need a JVM. Instead of interpreter you can also compile Java with
> gcc.
So you mean we could compile the ds.jar into a stand alone commandline tool ?
This would be a nice alternative !
How can this be achieved ? (sorry i'm not very familiar with java :-/)

> > "displayed for control" is something that really breaks my fully
> > automated conversion concept, you see !?
> > Thats a problem, since i want it all fully automated - vdr2divx should
> > know (or guess) how to convert, if he cannot its not my concept ...
> > If you have an idea, how this can be automated - no manual control, then
> > we can implement this ...
>
> MPlayer hat the cropdetect-function. Cropdetect checks the video for
> vertical or horizontal black bands and outputs their coordinates to stdout.
> But you should do this at several positions in the video and compare the
> values in case advertisement with other values is in the recording.
Okay this sound like a possible solution since it's no problem for vdr2divx to
peak every n seconds into the file and check the crop suggestions ...
However this won't be in the first release - but it sounds like a useful
feature for the future - although cropping breaks interlacing - but if it has
black borders, it's often non-interlaced so it might make sense ...

Martin