[vdr] Re: vdr2divx suggestions ? (poll)

At Wednesday 30 October 2002 22:46 Rene Bartsch wrote:
> It's a full C++-like programming-language. GCC has implementation for
> compiling Java (also for Fortran, ...). That way it's nearly as fast as
> C++.

Sorry to break the thread a little bit, but I don't think of Java as a
"full" C++-like language. Pointers are missing, for example. Constructing
is bad, destructing almost impossible. But I don't want to bloat this ML,
so if you want to see a full statement, contact me privately;))

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt