[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.15

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> On 03 Nov 2002 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
> > Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> >>
> >> But I think the PlayAudio() interface lacks something. Thinking
> >> of AC3overDVB, this would require to mute the "normal" audio
> >> (else both audio streams are replayed). How could this be done?
> >
> > This will have to be implemented directly into the cDvbDevice itself.
>
> Does this means that you will add AC3overDVB (maybe LiveAC3) to
> the VDR core?

I guess this will be the best way to do this.

> > Can somebody extract the "AC3overDVB" stuff from the AIO-Patch (or tell
> > me where to find an isolated version)?
>
> AFAIK ther is no isolated version since ages. Andreas Schulz has
> joined the AC3 code to the DVD code.

Well, I haven't looked into an AC3overDVB or LiveAC3 stuff yet.
The Live thing should be easy, since the DVB device will simply start
a thread that receives the DPID data and calls PlayAudio() with it.
Maybe the AC3overDVB thing is more demanding. I don't know if there
has to be some extensive recoding, or whether it is just a matter
of sending the data to the driver in a slightly modified format
(like additional/modified headers or so).

Klaus