[vdr] Re: vdr-1.1.15 still don't record second apid ;-(

Thank U, I'm not alone,
I am fighting this 'feature' from the very beginning.
See question 1:
Or look at
http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/vdr/2002/10-2002/msg00803.html
and the following.
But it seems to be a _very_ low priority task:
quote:"As far as I can see VDR does everything necessary." unquote

I also tried to locate the important piece of code
http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/vdr/2002/10-2002/msg00800.html
but never found the time to test it.

It seems to be the following:
First vdr checks whether the secondary APID from the channels.conf is in use
at the start of the recording, i.e. if data is coming. Second, if positive
it will record the 2nd APID, if negative it will only record the primary
APID.
It looks to me like there is no further checking during the recording.

A possible workaround for this behavior is to swap primary and secondary
APIDs in the channels.conf, since the primary APID will be recorded all the
time (even if there is nothing). The down side is, that while live viewing
there will be no sound unless you press menu/green if only one APID is in
use.

And then there is another problem related to the uptime of the
driver/machine:

I hope I'll find time to start digging deeper into this sometime in the near
future.

CU,
Christian.