[vdr] Re: vdr-1.1.15 still don't record second apid ;-(

> I really wonder how that's supposed to work...
> (see my previous posting). What would you want to record if there is no
> data available??

From what I understand, when the recording starts (a few minutes before the
actual start of the program) there is no data yet, the second apid does not
kick in until the real program starts. The second apid is not used for the
the commercials (i.e. when vdr starts the recording process), but is
activated only when the real program starts.

The "desired" functionality would be to read from the second apid, even if
there is no data, and then when the data starts to arrive (when the real
program starts - assuming this is how the drivers work) to start recording it
in a way that during replay VDR "knows" when the second apid becomes valid.

Similarly, when the movie ends the second apid may no longer contain any data,
even though VDR will still record the channel for a few minutes more.

Cheers,
Dennis