[vdr] AW: dolby digital... surround...ac3...

> Von: Stefan Lang [mailto:steven@organet.com]
> Gesendet am: Montag, 4. November 2002 15:20
> An: vdr@linuxtv.org
> Betreff: [vdr] dolby digital... surround...ac3...
>
> Hello List,
>
> I think it is a FAQ, but......
> What is the best (easiest) way to get dolby digital running
> with vdr 1.1.x?
> Shall I use my 6x Leadtek, or is it best to grap it from J2
> of the dvb-s 1.3?
> When I buy a dolby surround system, which input connectors
> must be there (for
> playing it through teh soundcard or via dvb-s directly?

S/PDIF input (all DD amps have that, so nothing special needed)

i remember that tere where problems with special amps (Sony?), maybe its good to have a soundcard with S/PDIF and with 6ch output and a DD amp with 6ch input
but to have a 6ch output anyone will have to write a plugin that splits to the 6ch and give that to a "sound api" like OSS/ALSA?