[vdr] Re: Observations on vdr 1.1.15

Richard Scobie wrote:
> I have just installed vdr 1.1.15 and DVB 20021101 on a P1-233 which
> has been running 1.0.4 without trouble. DMA on the disk works fine.
>
> When I start recording, the viewed picture and recording (on
> subsequent replay) suffer very bad breakup, with CPU usage at 100% a
> significant amount of time.
>
> If, while still recording I switch to another channel on the same
> frequency, everything settles down, with the viewed picture perfect
> and CPU usage drops to about the same level (about 25-30%) as when
> recording on 1.0.4 (although the recording is still corrupted).
> Switching back to the channel being recorded and things fall apart
> again.
>
> Are there any tests I can do to help, bearing in mind I have limited
> programming/debugging skills?

This is a known problem which I reported some time ago (P-233, too).
I started looking into that issue but I still have not found what's
going on...

As a workaround, you might disable
#define DO_REC_AND_PLAY_ON_PRIMARY_DEVICE 1
in dvbdevice.c.

(Of course, you will lose the "time-shifting with one card" feature.)

Oliver