[vdr] Re: Sky Digibox vdr support (was: Composite / S-VHS input ?)

Hi,

At 10:34 07/11/2002 -0000, Andy Coates wrote:

<capturing DVB streams>
>Sounds about right.  From what a friend has said the ST20TP2 is the only
>ship which outputs a *TS* to an ICAM chip for decryption, which IIRC
>strips out all unwanted PIDs from the stream and passes it onto the
>various output chips.
>
>I'm working with a friend on creating a circuit board to take a feed off
>these chips (after decoding) and send it to a DVB-SPI card for TS
>processing.
>
>The DVB-SPI card I saw was a Dektec DTA-122 (www.dektec.com - about 1100
>Euros), and apparently they'll have linux drivers before the end of the
>year.  Maybe a VDR plugin could be made for it :)

Whooow, 1100 Eur!!! .-((.

If you are doing a board to peek the signal from the DigiBox, you should
think also on do other (very small) one to feed the signal on your TT_DVB
card (budget or premium) :-)). On this boards, on the SAA7146, you have
a free D1 port (Digital Video) and the current drivers support to capture
from it (used in the budget cards, to get access to the full TS :-).

I'm working on some related, to have access to the full TS on the TT_DVB
premium cards, adding only 12 wires between the tunner outputs and some
pins of the SAA7146. As the pins of the SAA7146 are spaced at 0.65mm, the
soldering of the wires would be very hard, so I've done a small PCB (5mm)
wich is inserted between the SAA7146 pins and the tunner pins, allowing
a more easy soldering. I've modified the DVB drivers and the "thing" is
working on some degree: I can get the full TS or demuxed streams, but the
VDR generate a Kernel Panic ('Aiee, Killing interrupt handler!') that I
have to debug :-((. I'm a newcomer to Linux (about three months) and C
programming, but after have it full working and documented, I'll publish
it.

Best regards:
--
Roberto Deza Asensio