[vdr] Re: Sky Digibox vdr support (was: Composite / S-VHS input ?)

> >The DVB-SPI card I saw was a Dektec DTA-122 (www.dektec.com
> - about 1100
> >Euros), and apparently they'll have linux drivers before the
> end of the
> >year.  Maybe a VDR plugin could be made for it :)
>
> Whooow, 1100 Eur!!! .-((.

Exactly :)

> If you are doing a board to peek the signal from the DigiBox,
> you should
> think also on do other (very small) one to feed the signal on
> your TT_DVB
> card (budget or premium) :-)). On this boards, on the
> SAA7146, you have
> a free D1 port (Digital Video) and the current drivers
> support to capture
> from it (used in the budget cards, to get access to the full TS :-).

I don't see any "ports" on my Hauppauge NOVA DVB-T, although there is
the chip you mention.

> I'm working on some related, to have access to the full TS on
> the TT_DVB
> premium cards, adding only 12 wires between the tunner
> outputs and some
> pins of the SAA7146. As the pins of the SAA7146 are spaced at
> 0.65mm, the
> soldering of the wires would be very hard, so I've done a
> small PCB (5mm)
> wich is inserted between the SAA7146 pins and the tunner
> pins, allowing
> a more easy soldering. I've modified the DVB drivers and the
> "thing" is
> working on some degree: I can get the full TS or demuxed
> streams, but the
> VDR generate a Kernel Panic ('Aiee, Killing interrupt
> handler!') that I
> have to debug :-((. I'm a newcomer to Linux (about three
> months) and C
> programming, but after have it full working and documented,
> I'll publish
> it.

Are there any other programs which car take a raw TS stream and process
it?  Similar to what you describe above, but without having to mutate an
existing card :)

Sounds a lot cheaper than the Dektec card, but I'd love to hear if
anyone else has seen PCI Cards that can take a TS via some port.

Andy.