[vdr] Re: Sky Digibox vdr support (was: Composite / S-VHS input ?)

Hi Andy and all,

Sorry by the delay, due the weekend :-).

At 08:56 09/11/2002 -0000, Andy Coates wrote:

>> If you are doing a board to peek the signal from the DigiBox,
>> you should
>> think also on do other (very small) one to feed the signal on
>> your TT_DVB
>> card (budget or premium) :-)). On this boards, on the
>> SAA7146, you have
>> a free D1 port (Digital Video) and the current drivers
>> support to capture
>> from it (used in the budget cards, to get access to the full TS :-).
>I don't see any "ports" on my Hauppauge NOVA DVB-T, although there is
>the chip you mention.

Yes, this port don't have a connector or pads, but the port is implemented
on the SAA7146 and you have the pins :-). Specifically, on "Premium" cards
the port D1_B is free (pins 145..148, 151..154 and 157..160), while on
"budget" ones the port D1_A is free (pins 1..4 and 7..14).

>> I'm working on some related, to have access to the full TS on
>> the TT_DVB
>> premium cards, adding only 12 wires between the tunner
>> outputs and some
>> pins of the SAA7146. ...
>Are there any other programs which car take a raw TS stream and process
>it?  Similar to what you describe above, but without having to mutate an
>existing card :)

Regrettably seems that this is not possible, as said by the AV711x
firmware "gurus": The raw TS enter "directly" on the TI demultiplexer and
as most, is possible to filter to 32 PIDs; then, there are limitations of
bandwith in the "path" to get the filtered packets (firmware->RAM->SDRAM->
DPRAM->SAA7146_DEBI_port->PCI) also the troubles of the TS packet head re-
building (for now, with the new firmwares and the "mode activation", that
Ralph commented in Linux_DVB on 2 Sep 04:30, I don't have managed to get
filtered TS packets with the header 100% OK; if anyone have got its, I'd
like to know :-). To avoid all of this problems, I've created another
"path" to get the TS directly (Tunner->SAA7146_D1B->PCI) but this need the
hardware mods :-(, which anyway are not too complicated.

Best regards:
--
Roberto Deza Asensio
Universidad de Navarra