[vdr] Re: AW: Re: AW: Kernel: av71100:ARM crashes

vdr@linuxtv.org schrieb am 08.11.02 09:03:13:
> Hi Sven,
>
> > I think it would have been better to buy an SS40 than and SS50 :-)
>
> You know, that SS40 is socket A for Athlon/Duron?
Yes I know. First I wanted to buy a SS40 but I thougt that a Celeron might be better - less heat. There are also differences in the SiS chips that are used.
SS50: SiS 315, 650 and 961
SS40: SiS 315, 740 and 961

> > Could you send me a list of you BIOS settings (what options
> > are enabled and disabled)?
>
> I will have a look next weekend.
> What I remember: APIC is disabled, Linux is installed without APIC what means, the single-processor kernel is used, not the multi-processor kernel.

I have disabled APIC. Thank you in advance.

Have a nice weekend
Sven