[vdr] mplayer as display backend

Hi peeps, just trying to find out if there was any further work done on
this, as searching through the list archives I was able to find mention
(from may) of doing something to have mplayer displaying the stuff vdr
is doing (so a real card with output wouldn't be required, and we could
get by with budget cards and vga/fbdev/Xv/SDL/whatever output). I got
hold of a Nova-T this week and everything seems to be working (dvbstream
piped to mplayer displays exactly what I'd expect) but it'd be really
nice to have vdr going too, letting me display it in this way.

Anyway, mostly just a query, if anyone's done any work, or got ideas on
how else it could be done, it'd be nice to see some movement on it.

--
-   -