[vdr] Re: mplayer as display backend

On 08 Nov 2002 11:56:29 +0000
barry <bazza@bazza.com> wrote:

> Hi peeps, just trying to find out if there was any further work done on
> this, as searching through the list archives I was able to find mention
> (from may) of doing something to have mplayer displaying the stuff vdr
> is doing (so a real card with output wouldn't be required, and we could
> get by with budget cards and vga/fbdev/Xv/SDL/whatever output). I got
> hold of a Nova-T this week and everything seems to be working (dvbstream
> piped to mplayer displays exactly what I'd expect) but it'd be really
> nice to have vdr going too, letting me display it in this way.
I've been trying to get this working for about a week now, too.
I don't have a TV connected to my card since a 19" monitor is enough for me, but I don't like Tuxview or other TV-Programs, but mplayer would be perfect.

Unfortunately I can't get it to display the output of the DVB-card :-(
Did anyone else try this?

Thomas