[vdr] Re: mediadetection plugin

hello,

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Christoph Foelmer wrote:

> As i can't check it out right now (the vdr ist some km's away)
> would you tell me please how mounting is done within your plugin?

> have you tested it with 1.1.15?
it is only testet with 1.1.15

> Have you done some testing with
> CD Detect & Execute
> http://www.wretchedbliss.net/cdde/
> what Robert mentioned?
no

i use automounter with this configuration:

/etc/auto.automedia:
########################
#!/bin/sh
case "$1" in
        cdrom) umount /dev/hdc 2>/dev/null >/dev/null
                /sbin/hdparm -E 0 /dev/hdc 2>/dev/null >/dev/null
                echo "-fstype=iso9660,r :/dev/hdc"
                ;;
esac
#######################

/etc/auto.master:
#######################
/automedia      /etc/auto.automedia --timeout 1
#######################

so the cd/dvd never is mounted longer than 1 second without use
i want to press the eject button, and not eject via remotecontroll

i dont want a cd/dvd to be automatically mounted on insertion
and stay mounted, so i cannot press the eject button

>Can i help in any way(only dumb work like docu etc., im not a coder in
>any way)?

well, the plugin is not really sensational big. so i hope
the documentation is enough, perhaps a howto install automaounter ?
or perhaps you are bothered by my false writing :-)

so have fun with it