[vdr] Re: VDR is obsolete

Carsten Koch wrote:

> Benjamin Forgeau wrote:
>
>>     In a separate library, I would await:
>>
>>     * Finding the DVB device and opening it
>>
>>     * Tuning the card on a transponder taken from a global list
>>
>>     * Parsing stream info
>>
>>     * Starting and stopping video play
>

> In a post on the German news site http://heise.de I recently saw a
> remark from some Windows idiot who was bragging that he could write
> a thing like vdr within two weeks under Windows.

Thats basically true, 2 weeks to write the stuff using DirectShow, 2
years to chase out the bloody bugs from it anytime you want to do
something a little out of the ordinary like  fast forward.

Plus you never know if some of that DRM shit (pardon my french) will
break your pretty little program when the next Windows security patch
comes. Windows is not a platform for Open Source Video/Audio/P2P things
anymore.

Sabine