[vdr] Re: problem with running VDR under Debian

On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 15:21, Olonichev Sergei wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I have a problem with running VDR under Debian.
>
> After making "make insmod", everything seemed to be Ok.
> But after running vdr a console window cleaned and nothing happened.
>

> Probably, I have forgotten something to do?
>

> BR,
> Sergei

Hi Sergei!

I have been running vdr on my debian box (woody, kernel 2.4.18) for some
time now, and have had no (big) problems. but this is no help to you of
course :)

Try tailing /var/log/syslog and /var/log/messages when insmoding and
running vdr to see if there are any messages. And if there are any You
don't understand try searching this mail archive, if you still don't
find the answer, then some one here would help you out.

Good luck!

Marius Berntsberg