[vdr] Re: Workaround to use DXR3 as AC3 output device

>I don't know the Dxr3, is the AC3 Out Standard-konform or is there the
same
>problem like the DVB-cards with missing bits in the data-stream so some
>Amps does'nt recognized the signal as "AC3"...
>
>Uwe Weissbach

The SPDIF Dxr3 could be switched between PCM and AC3DATA Mode. The DVB-S is
only capable of PCM output over the SPDIF. With the right programm (like
mplayer) you get the right raw ac3 stream. With my workaround it will be
simliar to the dvb-s sollution (encapsulation AC3 in PCM) but maybe the
Data Bit is set right. I have a receiver (pioneer) which accepts the stream
even without the data bit set right, I can't test it.

Stefan