[vdr] Re: VDR-ML usage Stats

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > Would love to see this. Also IMHO a counter should be setup, like
> > the counter.li.org thing ( "Registred VDR user #753" or sth like
> > that ;) )
>
> I'll set up something like that as soon as I find the time (well,
> there'e a joke in itself ;-).
>
> I'll take the liberty to reserve #1 for my humble self (well,
> actually the very first VDR did run here on my machine) and would
> assume that those who started with their VDR boxes in the early
> development stage would like to receive low numbers as well. So in
> order to reserve these numbers in a realistic manner people may want
> to send me a private mail which should contain the following data:
> I'm not sure whether this all makes sense, but when it comes to
> issuing numbers I guess the "early users" may find it nice to have
> low numbers ;-)

Perhaps I missed the point but I can't see a good reason why the average
vdr user (tm) should register anywhere. To get a (serial) number?
Since this is optional, it will not give you any clue how many vdrs are
out there.

You have to estimate based on the number of users on the ML (730) and
the number of downloads (13000). I guess that 10% of the users are on
the list --> 7000 users.

Just my 2 cents.

Oliver