[vdr] ANNOUNCE: HTML-Based Channel Editor 0.1.2

Hi List,

the core work is done. I have got some response from
people of the mailinglist and Uwe Weissbach. He helped
me to form the datadictionary and we have finished the
first version of it. I have placed a link to the tablestructure
at the end of this mail.

Many people have said the registration for channeleditor
isnt good. I wonder why. But i have removed this
restriction and anyone can use the channel editor w/o
registration. I am sure more features require a registration.
I dont see any way to personalize the channels.conf in
the database.

I have added round aboud 160 TV channels and 90
Radio channels to the database. All these channels are
from Astra 19,2. (The one i can receive). I will add
TV and Radio from Hotbird tomorrow.

The usage of the Channel Editor is very easy.
1. Make your selections what you need
2. Select your output options
3. Press "Search" and check the output.
4. If everything is fine you can save your
selection. This result in a cookie it placed
on your machine. The cookie expire in 365 days.

If you come back later you can restore your
selection by the "Restore" button.

In future i want to add a notify system that
mails you if your personal selection affected
from any changes in the channel database.
But this result in a required registration on
vdrnews.de i guess. I dont have a concept yet.

But remember if you even register you can:

Post comments with your name
Send news with your name
Have a personal box in the Home
Select how many news you want in the Home
Customize the comments
Select different themes ( colorful or poor-html ones :-)
Access to WebMail
Access to Memberlist
Access to User Block
Read custom headlines
some other cool stuff...

Ok, thats all for now.

Please: Try out the Channel Editor and place notes or suggestions
to me. We need help to maintain the data actual.

Main Link:
http://vdrnews.de/modules.php?name=Channel_Editor

Data Structure of the dvb_ branch.
http://vdrnews.de/modules.php?name=Channel_Editor&func=dd