[vdr] Re: Feature-request for MPlayer-plugin (@Stefan Muempf)

On Dienstag, 19. November 2002 20:21 Rene Bartsch wrote:
> > >A/V-stream which would have been sent to the primary DVB-device to
> > MPlayer?
> > is the MPlayer capable of displaying the live stream from the v4l
> > interface ??? I know it is implemented but some tests with "-vo dxr3 -tv
> > on:device=v4l:width=288:height=352" results in a MPLayer crash.
> Didn't test current versions of MPlayer, but it never worked stable.
> I'm much more interested in a solution for a low-budget-only system.
> No V4L-interface of course ...

If I'm not wrong, maybe the stream-plugin (www.magoa.net/linux) has that
capabilities.

The ffserver - Mode streams the live channel data to a script called
ffserver.sh. ffmpeg is able to process that data without problems here.

Just start mplayer instead of ffmpeg inside that file, mplayer doesn't have
any problems with the data as well (as I can see the unicasted stream - which
is the same data - with mplayer)!

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt