[vdr] Re: Stream-plugin (was: Re: Feature-request for MPlayer-plugin (@Stefan Muempf))

From: "Sascha Volkenandt" <mailbot1@wat.willz.de>

>On Mittwoch, 20. November 2002 16:45 Rene Bartsch wrote:
>> But this is only a live.stream. Maybe you can implement a player-class
into
>> the stream-plugin to get the complete stream (including all playback).
>> This way low-budget-systems would become real.
>
>Great idea, I'll definitely check that out.

I'm not sure, if i break your thread, but I always dream of the "perfect"
streaming plugin in the following manner:

It would be great if the plugin has a kind of multi user socket based RCP
server. Something like the SVDRP port but with mutiple independend clients
at the same time. A client then can connect to that port, gets a unique (not
neccessarily multicast) ip address to listen for multimedia data, and can
select what to be sent on that address. If the plugin would allow streaming
of both live cannels and recorded movies, one can have a central vdr server
(with only budget cards) for the recording and streaming task, and several
set-top-stations as clients.

just my little dreams... :-)
Christian