[vdr] Re: unique channel id

> > 1) not check the channels.conf for uniqueness (that would also allow
> > building own bouquets as somebody asked for on some other thread), when a
> > unique channel id is to be mapped to a channel from channels.conf the
> > first one could be chosen (you could maybe give a warning message when
> > this occurs, but ignore it)
>
> When the APID is added to the channel ID, channels will be required to be
> unique only with respect to the APID. Or, in other words: if two channels
> have the same SRC+NID+TID+SID, they will _have_ to have different APIDs. As
> long as all channels are unique in their SRC+NID+TID+SID, no APIDs will
> have to be used. Of course, this will all happen automatically.

i still think the file should not be checked for uniqueness at all, or do i
miss some problem that might occur if u have to exakt same channels in ur
file??
i dont use it myself, but i guess it might be nice for people who eg want to
watch bundesliga and formel 1 on Premiere, as they use the same "Feed"
channels for that... i guess it would be nice for that if u had the
possibility to have Sport 1 and the Feed Channels once with the Formel 1
names and once with the Bundesliga names and of course have Sport 1 somewhere
with the real name!
at least until it is possible to use the reference services which r
broadcasted to control those channels on the dbox and other receivers!

> > 2) allow optional values to entries in files like timers.conf, which
> > could be alternating apids or vpids or anything else, in order to record
> > those (this would also allow recording of alternating languages for
> > movies, but actually this might be possible already, never tried that yet
>
> VDR already records _all_ given audio PIDs, so that you can select the
> desired version when replaying.

sorry bout that... cool thing :-)

> > 3) later, when you actually strip the data like frequency, polarisation
> > and so on from channels.conf,
>
> Who said I would do that? 'channels.conf' is going to remain exactly the
> way it is, with the addition of two new fields for NID and TID.

okay... i guess that is up to u!! i just always tend to strongly structure
everything... but that should work too!!

aike