[vdr] Is perl a better future for epg2timers.cxx?

Wiljo Heinen (the author of the excellent PVAstrumento tool) is
working on an epg2timers.cxx translation to perl.

I believe that perl might actually be better suited for the job
than C++ (while C++ is much more readable - at least to my eyes).

It may be easier to put more flexibility and additional features
into epg2timers once it is rewritten in perl.

I'll talk to Wiljo and see if he wants to take over maintenance
of my epg2timers package, read the vdr mailing list, answer
enquiries and make updates publicly available.
In that case, I'd vote for continuing epg2timers in perl.
How does the VDR community feel about that?
Any votes for or against it?

Carsten.