[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-dxr3-0.1.0

On Sunday 24 November 2002 15:00, you wrote:
> In message <200211102108.38115.stefan.schluenss@gmx.de>
>
>           Stefan Schluenss <stefan.schluenss@gmx.de> wrote:
> > i would like to anounce a new version of the DXR3-plugin which allows
> > using a DXR3/Hollywood+ (MPEG2-Decoder) card as a primary interface.
>
> Hi,
>
> I've finally managed to get my Nova-t and Dxr3 up and running with VDR and
> your plugin.  It's great!
Fine

> I've only got a few niggling problems with the plugin, mainly to do with
> the OSD.  I realise that there cannot be many colours at the moment, but
> sometimes the size/scale/position goes really wrong, and I have to change
> channels once or twice for it to sort out.
Both limitations are already mentioned on the dxr3-plugin homepage ;-)
Nevertheless we are working hard on both problems.
We have done some rescaling for the OSD (but not yet released).
The color limitation is a little bit harder to fix - we need some more time to
get a solution.

> Oh, and I'd like to see the ability to display 16:9 as 14:9 on a 4:3 TV.
> Is this down to VDR, the Dxr3 plugin, or the Dxr3 driver?!
I don't know whether the DXR3 can scale 16:9 to 14:9. Maybe we should ask the
DXR3 developer.