[vdr] Re: Remote recommendations? (UK)

In message <20021124144737.46082bd1.mattia@technologist.com>
          Mattia Rossi <mattia@technologist.com> wrote:

> The type of remotes that you can use with your IR receiver vary depending
> on the type of IR sensor used. Normally any TV/VCR/DVD remote should be
> supported. I use it successfully with the standard hauppauge remote, my
> sony tv/vcr remote, my creative audigy remote and my One for all remote

Hmm.  I should have said, I plan on using *one* remote, and that will
control my VDR box (which will do TV viewing, recording, and DVD playing).
That's all I need.

> In short, if you plan to use a different remote for every device (and to
> spend little money), simply borrow a remote from an unused/not working
> anymore device.

I was thinking that, but they don't have all the buttons I want/need.  :-(

> If you want more control (and want to spend more money) then go for a
> programmable multidevice remote (One For all has a web site at :
> http://www.oneforall.co.uk , I have a Topline 8 remote, a little
> expensive, but can be extended / programmed through a parallel interface).

Ah, right.  So those 'oneforall' remotes I see in the high street are
probably OK?  I guess I'll just have to find one with all the buttons I
want.  One designed for controlling a TV and VCR should do, I guess.

> If you want both (cheap and flexible) , then there was a thread going
> around on this list about a multidevice (not programmable) remote sold in
> Germany for about 10 Euros that could support four or five different
> devices (I paid my Topline 8 remote about 100 Euros, just to give you a
> comparison term).

Hmm.  I'll have a look in the archives.  Your remote sounds expensive!  :-)

Thanks,
--
Richard.

"Obladi oblada life goes on bra."