[vdr] ARM crashes only with timeshift (WAS Re: ARM crash, kernel oops, etc)

On Sonntag, 24. November 2002 23:42 Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > > Please try VDR 1.1.17 and comment out the two lines
> > >
> > > #define DO_REC_AND_PLAY_ON_PRIMARY_DEVICE 1
> > > #define DO_MULTIPLE_RECORDINGS 1
> > >
> > > in dvbdevice.c.
>
> Have you tried the above suggestion? Does it run stable?

Yes, now it runs surprisingly (maybe not?) stable, but I'm already missing the
timeshift with one card functions ;))

What could that be anyway? especially those kernel oops' frighten me a little.
Bus problem (especially under high usage)? Maybe even a cpu/kernel problem
(compiled the kernel vor VIA C3 cause I have such a thing)? RAM problems
don't occur even after 24 hours memtest86, so I think I'll exclude that
possibility.

Does anyone know about a (linux) bios-manipulation-tool, since I can't set any
bus latency timers inside the native BIOS? (I've had a good experience with
PCI Latency of 64 when I used the DVB board in another machine).

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt