[vdr] Re: nvram.wakup and system shutdown

high!

On 26 Nov 2002, Michael Plagge (MP) wrote:

MP> Now  i would like to have the following behavior of my computer. If it
MP> is  started  by  the  BIOS  for the recording of a film MT tv-show, it
MP> should shut down immediately after the recording when nobody is logged
MP> in.  This  could  perhaps  be done by using the commands, which can be
MP> defined  to be called after a recording. Has anybody perhaps already a
MP> running script for that ?

put some commands into the vdrshutdown skript (something like
    who | wc -l
and decide depending on the output, if you would like to shutdown your
machine or not.

I never did that myself, but something similar should work.

MP> The  next  thing  i  would  like  to  see  is  perhaps  a  little more
MP> complicated  and  needs some extensions to the vdr source code. When i
MP> am  working  at  my  computer,  vdr  runs in the background to do some
MP> recording.  When  i now shutdown my computer manually (not thinking of
MP> vdr  since  it  is  running so stable :-) ), the vdrshutdown script of
MP> nvram.wakeup  is  not called and any changes to the timers.conf do not
MP> lead  to  changes  of  the  BIOS  wakeup  time for the next recording.
MP> Therefore  i  want  to  ask  if  it  is possible to implement a signal
MP> handler  in  vdr  reacting for example on SIGHUP. This signal could be
MP> sent via killscript in /etc/rc1.d/ to vdr on shutdown and vdr can call
MP> the  shutdownscript  from  the  signal  handler. Perhaps there are any
MP> other  ideas  how  to  update  the  BIOS  wake up time during a manual
MP> shutdown.

just call
   svdrpsend.pl "HITK Power"
(or something similar, I don't remember the syntax right now)
instead of
   shutdown -h now

this will
  - do nothing if a timer is active or if there is one in near future
  - set the appropriate times into BIOS and shutdown otherwise.

c ya
        Sergei
--
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de               /\\