[vdr] Re: nvram.wakup and system shutdown

> Now i would like to have the following behavior of my computer. If it is
> started by the BIOS for the recording of a film MT tv-show, it should
> shut
> down immediately after the recording when nobody is logged in.

I've been thinking about something like this for a while, too.
First thing I did was to check if "mencoder" is runnning, if it does it's not shutting down but my encoding script is.

Problem here is that mencoder could shut down even if VDR would record something.

What I'm currently thinking about is a token-like system, like every party of the system that needs some work to be done "takes a token" from a central administration (people that know what semaphores/mutexes are know probably what I'm talking about), e.g. VDR, encoding scripts, xsession etc, and every time a token is given back it is checked wether no tokens are handed out.
In this case it should be checked when the next recording would be and if it's some time in the future the computer is shut down.
Only problem I have so far is how to tell if VDR's recording something, but I have to admit that I haven't been thinking about that too much lately.
I should thou, it's been very annoying the other days when the system shut down on me while I was writing some scripts ;-)

Any ideas?

Thomas