[vdr] Re: AW: Re: Serial port CAM, why not?

"Bläser, Lars" <LBlaeser@hofheim.de> wrote:

> > Im **NOT** talking about sc. What I mean is to develope a
> > software for use a
> > phoenix as a real (and cheap)CAM.
>
> THAT IS the problem with it (and the sc), it violates the
> copyright/patents of companys like "Irdeto Access", guess why a
> Iredeto-CI module costs 160 Euro, its not because of the hardware, you
> even pay for a "software" product

software patents are _illegal_ (not possible) in most, if not all,
european counties. copyrights are violated if you copy software for
non backup purposes. IMHO, useing "any" kind of cam is only illegal, if
you are not subscribed to the service you receive.

sorry, but i see it _that simple_ ...
clemens