[vdr] Re: Infrared receiver

Hi!

> > I had a look at the dvb wiring (J2) on bashy's website! Could anyone
> tell
> > me which type of infrared receiver fits into this circuit and which
> > lirc-driver is used with it?
>

> Try the home-brew one (3,51€ at Conrad last week) *g*

With 3,51€ you mean the value of all the parts or is there already a
built receiver available at Conrad that also works like a homebrew?

The reason why I still did not build a homebrew receiver and look for a
built one is:
1) The manuals on www.manoweb.com/alesan/lirc are great. But if I put
the IR receiver directly into the serial case, how does it receiver the
signals of my remote if I sit in front of the PC and the IR is on the
backsite of the PC? Using a mirror? If I use a cable, I would like to
use a case for the IR receiver...
2) In the Conrad catalogue I did not find any suiteable case for the IR
receiver like the one of the Nexus IR receiver.

I still use the IR receiver of the Nexus, because this is little and
nearly not visible, but with the AV7110 drivers I get an IR conflict
with my TV set and I still could not find out how to make the IR
receiver receive completely other codes or protocols like LIRC (seems
not to be possible)...

Did anyone use the Nexus IR receiver cable and put the LIRC circuit
around it? If yes, are there any limitations (e.g. receiving only RC5)
or does it receive all codes like the 'original' homebrew does?

Jörg