[vdr] Re: vdr2divx problem

Am Donnerstag, 28. November 2002 13:40 schrieben Sie:
> > I just double checked again, but the only place where I could even
> > imagine a change would be remux.c - and there hasn't been any change
> > between version 1.0.4 and 1.1.6 that would affect the recorded data.
> >
> > Maybe the difference is in the driver? After all, VDR 1.0.4 and 1.1.16
> > use rather different driver versions. One thing you could do it to test
> > with VDR version 1.1.14. That's the last one that could be used with the
> > "old" driver or the "NEWSTRUCT" driver.
> >
> > So please run VDR 1.1.14 with the driver
> >
> >  ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/siemens_dvb-0.9.4-2002-06-23.tgz
> >
> > and
> >
> >  ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/linux-dvb.2002-11-01.tar.bz2
>
> Ok, I have tested both. It seems that Klaus is right. If I use the old
> driver, encoding is possible without any problems (using vdr 1.1.14). But
> if using the new driver with vdr 1.1.14 the described problem appears
> again.
>
> What do you think: Is the format of the mpeg-stream wrong or is it a
> mencoder problem?

It's rather a limitation of mencoder, that the demuxer doesn't work very well
with streams (read through pipe) - since in some conditions (?) it happens
that the demuxer of mencoder wants to step some byte backward in the stream,
which of course does not work !

Martin