[vdr] Re: Slightly OT: How to share two video directories ?

On Saturday 14 December 2002 7:06 pm, Helmut Auer wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for your suggestions. My solution for now is a script which
> mounts the video directory of the other video machine to e.g. /mnt/VDR.
> Then it searches for all directories in this directory and creates links
> for that in the video directory - excluding the directories which show
> to the own machine.
> I hope you understand what I mean, but now it works for me.

I thought VDR supported multiple video directories, called video.001,
video.002, etc. - surely this would be a more logical way to add the two
together..

Call the local video directory on each 'video.001' and periodically attempt
to mount 'video.002'... when the other machine is there, it'll work, etc.

Of course, I could well be wrong...

gdh