[vdr] Re: Problems while switching channels -> seems to be a diseqc problem

Hi Oliver,

> > DiSEqc commands on the line) between satellites doesn't
> > throw the motor or the LNB reception off (my card is a Rev
>
> Lucky you, DVB-S and motor speak the same dialect. :-)

Well, I have to have a bit of luck somewhere ;o))

> > possibilty to add 0.5V to the LNB line.
> Normally this is used to compensate for long cables.

Yes, I know.

> In my case this is rather pointless because I don't switch the
> voltage at all. In full DiSEqC mode it should be ignored by the
> switch anyway.

True, I didn't think of that.

> > Interesting. Did you try to increase the Wtime before and after

> Of course, but it didn't help. It just makes tuning slower...
> Since the Wnn commands are processed by vdr, not the firmware,
> this was not a big surprise. :-(

True, but I thought maybe the firmware was getting infos from
VDR too fast and causing problems that way.

> DiSEqC sequencer, so timing is not an issue at all. Ironically,
> this can be done by adding two or three components to the 2.1 PCB.

Do you have any (available ;o)) infos on this? I think we should
start to make a hardware "all-that-is-available" download section
somewhere.

I'm still pestering Philips to supply me with more info on their
TDA 8083 (which is what my 1.6 is based on) chip.

As Convergence doesn't have the manpower and / or time, it seems
we will have to start ironing out the bugs as much as possible. The
only real problem is (legally) getting the infos needed. I really hate
all this NDA stuff.

I'm not really any good at disassembling software, so I can't
be of true help concerning the firmware, but maybe there
is someone out there on the list, who has the knowledge to
do this.

I really wonder how long we will have to wait before convergence
can disclose infos needed legally (i.e. when will those darn NDA
contracts finally run out <- My christmas wish for 2003 ;o))

Greetz,
Reinhard

---