[vdr] Re: channel switching and EPG

> that's what i meant when i spoke of a feature. BUT: there still IS one thing
> that could be changed. VDR could show the epg belonging to the "channel
> number typed in so far".
>
> example:
>
> you are on channel #7 and want to got to channel #12 (=rtl). so you press 1
> (=ard) and VDR shows the epg data of #1 (just in case you WON'T press any
> more buttons). but then you press 2 within .5sec what makes the 12 complete
> for #12 (=rtl) and VDR shows the epg for RTL.
>
> that way you would ALWAYS see the EPG of the channel you're just typing in.
> maybe that way you find something interesting you could watch on ARD (if we
> stay with my example above) *g*

Whoa!
You are telling us that you would be able to read the epg, decide it's interesting and stop your finger from pressing the next button, all in less than 500 milliseconds and/or less the time it takes to press the next button once you decided you wanted channel 12 ?

I think this is overkill (at least for me), and I believed I was a fast reader.

Mattia