[vdr] Re: CHANNEL Scanner for Cable

> Hi Alexander,
>
> Am Freitag, 27.12.02 um 19:17 Uhr schrieb Alexander Damhuis:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am searching for a tool/script to creat channel.conf file on a DVB-C
> > system.
> > Just to complete everything, at the moment I really can live perfect
> > with the
> > delivered files, but sometimes a freq changes here and there. Then I
> > need to
> > crawl through web or use a Windows tool to scan (who really wants to
> > boot
> > W2K??).
> >
> > So, this is what I found out:
> >
> > - DVBTUNE is not able to handle the QAM in Cable (or I am to dumb to
> > configure), but I could creat a nice XML file and this can be ported to
> > channels.conf structure
> >
> > - DVBSAK is in fact scanning cable frequencies, but I really didn't
> > find any
> > documentation (wether in the tarballs nor on sourceforge, nor googling
> > around). I found out how start the tool dvbscan (part of DVBSAK) and
> > let it
> > print out the results, but there is a lot missing (PID, VID, ...)
> >
> > So, my question: Anyone out there, who has something like this for
> > DVB-C
> > scripts for DVBSAK or another tool) ??? I would also support any
> > developer
> > (of both tools) with information on cable network, DVB broadcasting
> > and I
> > would do scripting and testing. Alas I am not a programmer :-( ...
>
> Have you tried dtv_scan from DTV-package (
> http://hesdvb.sourceforge.net/ )?
>
> I don't know about QAM, but it worked fine here for DVB-S and DVB-C

QAM is modulation type used for DVB-C, should be 64 in Germany.

> HTH,
>
> Ciao,
>
> 	Achim

Hi Achim & *.*,

I just tried it, and it always says: "could not tune to"  +  Frequencie. Seems
like this is only for the old driver, is that possible (tarball is dated
2001!) or do I have to change configuration somehow ?

Here's a line from my dtv_scan.conf:

set Cable_Transponders {
   {330 C 6900}

Thanks for your advice,