[vdr] Re: vdradmin feature request / also VDR extensions.

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 10:43:36 +0000
Gavin Hamill <gdh@acentral.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thursday 02 January 2003 10:37 am, you wrote:
>
> > i didn't thought of going that far. just text would be sufficent for
> > most applications,
>
> The only certain thing here is if it were implemented as a text-only
> information service, plenty of people will suddenly pipe up "but how can I
> have it in colour with the correct positions on screen" , e.g. for a headless
> server where it is not practical to have a TV.
>
> > as mp3 plugin and such. so someone can use vdr+mp3
> > via web frontend. pretty cool to start mp3 playback via wavelan handheld
> > without switching on your tv.
>
> I agree it's a cool idea :)
maybe with well known terminalsequences like vt52 or ansi terminal.
i think it's not neccessary to reinvent the wheel. xml is, afaik, a little bit complex
and there is not much more info than in the textsequences.