[vdr] Re: Sky Plugin?

On Thursday 02 January 2003 5:19 pm, you wrote:

> Please understand the reason why I'm sticking to TS: this is the only way
> to allow several receivers to receive the same (or parts of the same)
> stream.

Oh I do understand, certainly, and I guess it cuts down on nearly redundant
code by presenting multiple input formats..

No worries, it's just another dvb-mpegtools prog in the chain before the
stream gets to VDR =)

> Only the TS carries the PIDs, which are essential in distributing
> the packets to the various receivers.

"Distributing" .... I'm curious - do you personally have any plans for
linking multiple VDRs together on a LAN to pool resources?

e.g.

scenario: 2 VDR boxes each with one DVB card.

Each box is doing a recording from a different transponder, and you'd like to
watch a channel on the transponder that the OTHER box is tuned to...

I know it's a bit convoluted, but you get the idea.

Plus it would easily fit in with existing client software like the VideoLAN
client..

Cheers,
gdh